Friday, July 17, 2009

Karlstad Family Reunion

This weekend we went to the Karlstad Family Reunion in Mayville, ND! We had a great time...lots of meeting family, playing games and not getting any sleep! I didn't know that there were so many Karlstad's out there...it was so great to learn about my grandma Jan's side of the family! Lots of people were even speaking Norweigen at the reunion, so that was exciting! I hope my mom and dad teach me the Norweigen table prayer someday...almost everyone at the reunion knew it! Here are some pictures from our fun weekend!



Colston and Ethan got to stay at my house on Friday night and drive all the way to Mayville for the reunion!


Here we are playing at Grandma Violet's house...Uncle Matt had put a ball under my shirt so I looked "pregnant". he's so silly!


Playing in Great-Grandma Violet's sweet car!


At the reunion, I was getting pretty crabby and needed a nap!


After I rested, Grandpa Rod played lots with Colston, Ethan and I!



Here are mom, dad and I on a hay ride! They thought I'd love it, but I didn't. I just wanted to go home and go to bed!


A family picture in our matching t-shirts! My grandpa Marvin Karlstad was also known as "Jack" and "Jackson"...so our shirts said "The Jackson 5" - Grandpa Marvin and Grandma Alene had 5 children - Marlin "Goose", Ted, Sheri, Jan and Kathy.


Taking a bath in Great Grandma Violet's sink!



resting with daddy...we were so tuckered out!



All of mom's family wanted a picture of the Walsvik grandkids...but it was really hard to get us all to stand still! Five kids under the age of 4...tough!


Here is one of just me, Dad and Mommy.



Kinda blurry...but still a good pic of us!


I'm driving my Great Uncle Ted's tractor! Colston, Ethan and I faught over this all day!



My grandma Jan and her children & grandchildren



My auntie Sherri is so funny - she loved my "big head"! She loved to squeeze it! :)


Giving mom a high five for a family weekend well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment